re-thinking the way we live our lives
- To help you reduce your energy costs, year in year out
- To help your business become more sustainable
- To make zero-carbon living and working an affordable reality
- To bring the best clean technologies to the market
our business is
We are a select group of professionals with expertise in all aspects of healthy, sustainable, 'cradle-to-cradle' design and construction, committed to effecting change in the way we all live our lives.
We look to collaborate with like minded professionals in delivering the best and most viable zero carbon solutions within the built environment.
They both wear many hats. Jae is the Director of Sustainability at the Carbon Free Group and Fay is an Associate of Global to Local and its Foundation and SEEd Sustainability and Environmental Education.
As seasoned professionals in sustainable development, passionate about their work, they find time to support charities and social enterprises who wish to engage seriously with sustainability, as well as business and the public sector.
Working as 'critical friends' and advisors, as independent facilitators, trainers, auditors and evaluators, they've got a track record working at the local, national, EU and international levels.
Fay was a member of the UK Government Delegation for the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) 'Rio+10' in 2002 held in Johannesburg, and worked as advisor to the UK Sustainable Development Commission. She now contributes to work on social change, the development and evaluation of training, partnerships and learning networks.
Jae co-founded the Carbon Free Group in 2007 after years of working in the sustainability field throughout the world both in the public and private sector. He teaches the sustainable procurement module on the University of Birmingham's Executive MBA and he currently is running a sustainable accounting project for a leading London accountancy firm.
Over the past twenty plus years, they've got a handle on 'sustainable development'. As individuals, they are 'in for the long haul' committed to the long term. Mutuality and reciprocity geared to empower local communities are key ingredients.
- understand the bigger picture, and have a keen sense of what is (and isn't) good practice
- know what good partnership working, community engagement and business collaboration can deliver, particularly at the local level
- thrive on helping people think and work through difficult challenges and issues
Through their extensive networks they can connect you with others who can help in practical ways, as experts or as fellow practitioners keen to find solutions like you. You can also draw from the free 'eg' online magazine resources
Whatever your background they can support your 'education for sustainable development' communication, marketing and training skills.
Fay and Jae are:
- driven by strong ethical values, believe in collaboration, and help others to be more interconnected in how they think and what they do
- keen to work for and with people who want to learn, be challenged, hear what they need to hear rather than what they want to hear
- committed to social enterprise, and empowerment in supply chains, helping people and organisations to help themselves, whether small charities, large non-governmental organisations
- experienced in working with and for government departments, local authorities, agencies, associations and the wider public and private sector
- skilled in facilitating, public speaking and presenting, brokering and supporting cross sector partnerships.
Carbon Free Group
- Pines Calyx
- Beach Road
- St Margaret’s Bay
- Dover, Kent
- CT15 6DZ
- Reg no: 06531670
- Content © Carbon Free Group Ltd
- The Carbon Free Group and its members are built upon our support for the following Declaration of Interdependence
- Awake Imaging
- Bay Trust
- Hamson Partnership
- Hawkes Architecture
- Helionix Designs
- The Pines Calyx
- Newform Energy
- SC2 Sustainability Consultancy
- Contact Form
- +44 (0) 1304 852 790