The future we want: confused or bemused?
'The green economy' is much more than technological innovation and fixes, vital as they are. It's about a new mindset, a way thinking, questioning and of learning to do things creatively and differently. Whatever the upshot and outcomes of Rio+20, it's at the local level that things actually happen. Never before has the role of business been so important to lead the way, working with the public sector, and the active engagement of civil society, the community and voluntary sector.
It's about understanding what matters to you, and what you can do to make a difference that really counts in sustainable development terms, and those actions that add real value to your organisation.
With thousands of websites and emails offering ideas it can be overwhelming to know where to start or how to prioritise what you might do.
We can offer advice, briefings and interactive sessions on:
- The basics: setting the scene about sustainability and orienting what it all means, the background, the jargon, the concepts and challenges of 'Rio+20'.
- Insights and issues: deeper exploration of the core themes and issues and how to communicate these effectively to others
- Interpretation: thinking through what it means for you, your organisation now onwards, and how to extend and enhance your learning for sustainability
- Implementation: working out a practical way forward with you, your team, group, or organisation, defining action, using some innovative tools and techniques and toolkits
- Evaluation: helping you to review and to evaluate what you've done from inside and from outside the organisation, and involve your external 'stakeholder' audiences, customers, clients, etc.
Making a difference that matters: who we are
If you think we can be of help, in the first instance for an informal chat, please contact Fay Blair, Leadership and Empowerment for Sustainability
firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0) 7786 307 664 | Skype fayblair
Carbon Free Group
- Pines Calyx
- Beach Road
- St Margaret’s Bay
- Dover, Kent
- CT15 6DZ
- Reg no: 06531670
- Content © Carbon Free Group Ltd
- The Carbon Free Group and its members are built upon our support for the following Declaration of Interdependence
- Awake Imaging
- Bay Trust
- Hamson Partnership
- Hawkes Architecture
- Helionix Designs
- The Pines Calyx
- Newform Energy
- SC2 Sustainability Consultancy
- Contact Form
- +44 (0) 1304 852 790